Preparing for silk and judicial appointments
Over the last 10 years, hundreds of barristers and solicitors have turned to JSB for assistance with their silk or judicial application forms, and help preparing for interviews, qualifying tests, presentations, role plays and situational questioning.
Applying for QC or judicial appointment is a challenging and highly competitive process. Whether this is your first experience of a competency-based selection procedure, or you are looking to improve on a previous attempt to secure judicial or silk appointment, our consultants are here to advise, guide and prepare you.
Through frank and insightful coaching sessions they will help you structure your skills, experience and competencies and maximise your chances of success. Years of experience leave us with an in-depth understanding of the various judicial appointment selection exercises and also the QC application process. Below is a summary of the type of support we offer our clients.
How we help judicial and silk applicants
- Helping you understand the judicial or QC appointment process – and whether it is right for you
- Helping you complete your judicial or silk application form and/or reviewing your drafts and final versions
- Guidance on making the right referee selections
- Interview coaching and feedback – knowing what to expect, what to say and practising how you say it
- Detailed preparation for the selection day – including role plays, presentations and situational questioning
See why you should choose JSB to help you
Request a callback
Thank you for getting in touch with us. We just need a few details from you: